Tuesday, July 12, 2005

trip [en]












trip [en]

Yesterday I’ve been in Esposende. Hmm, it’s a quite nice little town I would say, no huge ugly towers (except those 3 big monster on the other bank of the river, in Ofir) and the Ocean, and the river, inevitably present in every corner, in every street, in every single parcel of the horizon. There’s a very modern swimming complex just in front of the river, where it naturally belongs. It’s sort of comfortable to feel that there are still some places like Esposende in my country, places that the mad greed of cement and asphalt didn’t deeply changed yet (and such places are getting more and more exceptional), places able to keep them identity and authenticity.

Transportation to get there, and specially to get back to Porto again, was a sort of massacre, only some quite old bus, no precious train over there, and that´s a quite terrible mistake, I missed some train so much.

Half of the trip, Porto –Esposende, apart from paying something like 4 euros for such distance (not that big) I had to listen to some “fado”, a key part in the massacre.

I should finish writing saying that I really enjoyed Esposende, specially that I also visited the head office of the natural reserve, that likely will be a quite remarkable natural park soon (coast, dunes and wet lands, fantastic with all the Atlantic), but I prefer to mention that if to be a “real” portuguese I must listen to “fado” then please take me to China.

By the way, the last issue of Carbusters Magazine sort of saved me from a total massacre in the bus.

No comments: